I am a Ph.D. Student in Pattern Recognition and Image Processing Lab (PRIP) at Michigan State University under the supervision of Prof. Anil K. Jain since August 2017.
My main research interests are Computer vision and Deep learning with application in Biometrics. I'm currently doing research in fingerprint.
Previously, I graduated from University of Science, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh city in September 2016. When I was an undergraduate student, I was under the supervision of Prof. Minh-Triet Tran since September 2012. During my undergraduate period, I spent time as a research assistant at École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada under the supervision of Prof. Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau working on Infared-visible non-planar scences video registration; at Max-Planck Institue for Software Systems under the supervision of Prof. Peter Druschel working on Computer Vision part in Mobile Security using Deep Learning. I also participated in TRECVID INSTANCE SEARCH challenge organized by NIST and got second prize. Besides, I used to be a research intern at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, under the supervision of Prof. Atsuo Yoshitaka, working on face detection in the wild; and The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), under the supervision of Dr. Clemens Lange.
Who am I? (in Vietnamese)
- Jun 2018: 1 paper accepted to BTAS 2018.
- Dec 2017: 1 paper accepted to ICB 2018. Code was released!! [Ppt] [Poster]
- Nov 2017: I proudly receive GOLD MEDAL and become Global Winner of Computer Sciences category in the Undergraduate Awards. [News][pic1][Medal1][Medal2]
- Jun 2017: Receiving the Honda Y-E-S Plus Award from Honda Foundation, Japan
- Mar 2017: I got Best Poster Award and Travel Grant in 1st UTS-VNU Research School
- Jan 2017: I got First Prize in Undergraduate Research Competition, Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Kai Cao, Anil K. Jain, "Automatic Latent Fingerprint Segmentation", In: IEEE International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications, and Systems (BTAS 2018) [Oral] [arxiv] [bibtex]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Kai Cao, Anil K. Jain, "Robust Minutiae Extractor: Integrating Deep Networks and Fingerprint Domain Knowledge", In: IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB 2018) [Oral] [arxiv] [Code] [Poster] [Presentation] [bibtex]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Pierre-Luc St-Charles, Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau, "Non-planar Infrared-Visible Registration for Uncalibrated Stereo Pairs", In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW 2016) [Oral] [Code] [bibtex]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, "VFSC: A Very Fast Sparse Clustering to Cluster Faces from Videos", In: Asian Conference on Computer Vision Workshop (ACCV workshop 2016) [Poster] [bibtex]
- Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Duy Dinh Le, Duc Anh Duong, Shin’ichi Satoh, "Query-Adaptive Late Fusion with Neural Network for Instance Search", In: International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP 2015) [Oral] [Top 10% Paper Award] [Student Travel Grant IEEE 2015] [bibtex]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Atsuo Yoshitaka, "Deep Convolutional Neural Network in Deformable Part Models for Face Detection", In: Pacific Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology (PSIVT 2015) [Oral] [Best Poster Award at RS2017] [Results] [bibtex]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Atsuo Yoshitaka, "Adaptive WildNet Face Network for Detecting Face in the Wild", In: International Conference on Machine Vision (ICMV 2015) [Oral] [bibtex]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Atsuo Yoshitaka, "Boosting Speed and Accuracy in Deformable Part Models for Face Image in the Wild", In: International Conference on Advanced Computing and Applications (ACOMP 2015) [Oral] [bibtex]
Tohoku University, Japan
Research in Activity Recognition.
Advisor: Prof. Takayuki Okatani
Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany
Research in Computer Vision in Mobile Security using Deep Learning.
Advisor: Prof. Peter Druschel
European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
Research in Web developing of Pixel Detector.
Advisor: Dr. Clemens Lange
École Polytechnique de Montréal, University de Montréal, Canada
Research in Non-planar Thermal – Visible video registration.
Advisor: Prof. Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
Research in Novel Framework on Video Processing that fits to Human Perception.
Advisor: Prof. Atsuo Yoshitaka
University of Science, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Research in Human-Computer Interaction.
Advisor: Prof. Minh-Triet Tran
- Gold Medal in Computer Sciences category in The Undergraduate Awards, Ireland [link]
- VEF Fellow (Vietnam Education Foundation) [link]
- Honda Y-E-S Plus Award [link]
- Best Poster Award in 1st UTS-VNU Research School, Travel Grant [link]
- First Prize in Undergraduate Research Competition, Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam
- Honda Y-E-S Award for 10 excellent Young Engineers and Scientists, Honda Foundation, Japan [link]
- ICT Award for Top 5 excellent students in research and studying in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam [link]
- National “Student with five good merits” Award (2012-2016) [link]
- First Prize in Eureka Undergraduate Research Competition, Ministry of Science and Technology, Vietnam [link]
- Gold Medal in Creativity Youth Festival for young inventor, Central Youth Union, Vietnam
- Honors of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnamese Government in Scientific research and study (2012-2016)
- Dean’s List, Top 1 of Honors Program, University of Science, VNU-HCMC (2012 – 2016) [link]
- Best Presentation Award in The 1st International Student Science Forum (ISSF)
- Top 10% Paper Award in MMSP 2015 international conference. [link]
- Student Travel Grant IEEE for attending MMSP 2015
- Golden Globe Award for the 10 Most Outstanding Youths in Information Technologies of Vietnam
- Mitacs Globalink Research Award for conducting high impact research in Canada
- Medal “Youth Creativity” of Central Youth Union, Vietnam
- Runner Up team in TRECVID INSTANCE SEARCH competition of NIST
- JASSO Scholarship for research intern in Japan
- Top Prize in Nokia X Hackathon, Microsoft
- First Prize in Academic contests in University of Science, VNU-HCMC, Vietnam
- Third prize in Vietnam National Mathematical Olympiad
- First prize in Vietnam Provincial Mathematical Olympiad
- Silver Medal in Vietnam Southern Mathematical Olympiad
Here are some countries that I visited. My life's goal is going to at least 30 countries before 30!