My main research interests are Computer vision, Deep learning, and Data science. I'm currently doing research in adversarial machine learning. In the past, I worked on fingerprint recognition problem.
Previously, I graduated from University of Science, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh city in September 2016. When I was an undergraduate student, I was under the supervision of Prof. Minh-Triet Tran since September 2012. During my undergraduate period, I spent time as a research assistant at École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada under the supervision of Prof. Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau working on Infared-visible non-planar scences video registration; at Max-Planck Institue for Software Systems under the supervision of Prof. Peter Druschel working on Computer Vision part in Mobile Security using Deep Learning. I also participated in TRECVID INSTANCE SEARCH challenge organized by NIST and got second prize. Besides, I used to be a research intern at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, under the supervision of Prof. Atsuo Yoshitaka, working on face detection in the wild; and The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), under the supervision of Dr. Clemens Lange.
Who am I? (in Vietnamese)
- Apr 2019: Ph.D. Research Intern at Visa Research
- Dec 2018: Paper "End-to-End Latent Fingerprint Search" is available on arxiv. Code
- Jun 2018: 1 paper accepted to BTAS 2018. [Poster] [Slides]
- Dec 2017: 1 paper accepted to ICB 2018. Code was released!! [Ppt] [Poster]
- Nov 2017: I proudly receive GOLD MEDAL and become Global Winner of Computer Sciences category in the Undergraduate Awards. [News][pic1][Medal1][Medal2]
- Jun 2017: Receiving the Honda Y-E-S Plus Award from Honda Foundation, Japan
- Mar 2017: I got Best Poster Award and Travel Grant in 1st UTS-VNU Research School
- Jan 2017: I got First Prize in Undergraduate Research Competition, Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam
[arxiv] [Code] [Demo] [Cite]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Kai Cao, Anil K. Jain, "Automatic Latent Fingerprint Segmentation", In: IEEE International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications, and Systems (BTAS 2018) [Oral]
[arxiv] [Poster] [Presentation] [Cite]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Kai Cao, Anil K. Jain, "Robust Minutiae Extractor: Integrating Deep Networks and Fingerprint Domain Knowledge", In: IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB 2018) [Oral]
[arxiv] [Code] [Poster] [Presentation] [Cite]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Pierre-Luc St-Charles, Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau, "Non-planar Infrared-Visible Registration for Uncalibrated Stereo Pairs", In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVPRW 2016) [Oral]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, "VFSC: A Very Fast Sparse Clustering to Cluster Faces from Videos", In: Asian Conference on Computer Vision Workshop (ACCV workshop 2016)
- Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Duy Dinh Le, Duc Anh Duong, Shin’ichi Satoh, "Query-Adaptive Late Fusion with Neural Network for Instance Search", In: International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP 2015) [Oral] [Top 10% Paper Award] [Student Travel Grant IEEE 2015]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Atsuo Yoshitaka, "Deep Convolutional Neural Network in Deformable Part Models for Face Detection", In: Pacific Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology (PSIVT 2015) [Oral] [Best Poster Award at RS2017]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Atsuo Yoshitaka, "Adaptive WildNet Face Network for Detecting Face in the Wild", In: International Conference on Machine Vision (ICMV 2015) [Oral]
- Dinh-Luan Nguyen, Vinh-Tiep Nguyen, Minh-Triet Tran, Atsuo Yoshitaka, "Boosting Speed and Accuracy in Deformable Part Models for Face Image in the Wild", In: International Conference on Advanced Computing and Applications (ACOMP 2015) [Oral]
Research in Activity Recognition.
Advisor: Dr. Takayuki Okatani
Research in Computer Vision in Mobile Security using Deep Learning.
Advisor: Dr. Peter Druschel
European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
Research in Web developing of Pixel Detector.
Advisor: Dr. Clemens Lange
Research in Non-planar Thermal – Visible video registration.
Advisor: Dr. Guillaume-Alexandre Bilodeau
Research in Novel Framework on Video Processing that fits to Human Perception.
Advisor: Dr. Atsuo Yoshitaka
University of Science, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Research in Human-Computer Interaction.
Advisor: Dr. Minh-Triet Tran
- Gold Medal in Computer Sciences category in The Undergraduate Awards, Ireland [link]
- VEF Fellow (Vietnam Education Foundation) [link]
- Honda Y-E-S Plus Award [link]
- Best Poster Award in 1st UTS-VNU Research School, Travel Grant [link]
- First Prize in Undergraduate Research Competition, Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam
- Honda Y-E-S Award for 10 excellent Young Engineers and Scientists, Honda Foundation, Japan [link]
- ICT Award for Top 5 excellent students in research and studying in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam [link]
- National “Student with five good merits” Award (2012-2016) [link]
- First Prize in Eureka Undergraduate Research Competition, Ministry of Science and Technology, Vietnam [link]
- Gold Medal in Creativity Youth Festival for young inventor, Central Youth Union, Vietnam
- Honors of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnamese Government in Scientific research and study (2012-2016)
- Dean’s List, Top 1 of Honors Program, University of Science, VNU-HCMC (2012 – 2016) [link]
- Best Presentation Award in The 1st International Student Science Forum (ISSF)
- Top 10% Paper Award in MMSP 2015 international conference. [link]
- Student Travel Grant IEEE for attending MMSP 2015
- Golden Globe Award for the 10 Most Outstanding Youths in Information Technologies of Vietnam
- Mitacs Globalink Research Award for conducting high impact research in Canada
- Medal “Youth Creativity” of Central Youth Union, Vietnam
- Runner Up team in TRECVID INSTANCE SEARCH competition of NIST
- JASSO Scholarship for research intern in Japan
- Top Prize in Nokia X Hackathon, Microsoft
- First Prize in Academic contests in University of Science, VNU-HCMC, Vietnam
- Third prize in Vietnam National Mathematical Olympiad
- First prize in Vietnam Provincial Mathematical Olympiad
- Silver Medal in Vietnam Southern Mathematical Olympiad
Here are some countries that I visited. My life's goal is going to at least 30 countries before 30!